29 January 2011

A raise / Clearance / and grounded

email about teacher training course.
Im already doing that
I'm volunteered for the teacher training job
i decline it and in turn
i get a raise for the job im already doing and dont have to move at all

It's been raiing like hell and my free internet went down
im hesitant to go and rat myself out - thinking it may come back
I go into the MWR - now I remember why I stopped going in there
I'm at the computer terminal and overhear the publicized indecencies
There have been so many classic moments in that internet cafe - there's no way that I could make this up
it's really unbelievable.the conversations that go on right out in front of god and everyone there - absolutely shameless...I open a new email just to document some of the unbelievable interaction...
at the next terminal I hear someone snickering - and I can't tell whether it's a man or woman
at first it;s in the background - and I focus on some other cadet trying to outwit some unloving soon-to-be-another-ex-girlfriend on the other side of the world - but the giggling gradually gets louder and more silly
I look up and see Lt. Col Willy sitting there in front of a computer monitor- giggling at some panty dancing perversion on Skype He is busted but unflustered and casually disconnects from his skype buddy that he has to go goes on duct-taping twinkies between her tits
Rutland.. Lt. Col seems slowly reminded of something important and comes back to an unaffected reality
Sir?
I'm glad I caught you. All English classes are cancelled - you may not go to work tomorrow...
why? -
Do you have your clearance yet?
no
Administrative issues.
The entire country is having an "Administrative issue?"
Yes - I sent you an email.
My internet is out in my CHU - I minimize the eavesdropping email open on the desktop and notice for the first time that I have several unread emails. Willy...willy...yes...I open the email.
ALL English classes are cancelled until further notice for all sites.
The mail is addressed to all Site Leads...CTS has no site lead - I rather, I'm the site lead
there's no one else. Did I mention I just got a raise?
I scan down the letter...
It says here that Tikrit is having classes as usual
Lt. Col Willie has started shutting down his station.
They've resolved their administrative issues.
I close the email. I notice the next one from the DynCorps office.
INTERIM CLEARANCE APPROVED.
Sir...look, my clearance is approved. So tell me, what's the real deal with these classes?
Is there some threat against English teachers or what?
You can't even ask me that question.
willy leans in and squints at the email....and no you don't have clearance
What? It says right here that it's approved.
Not until you sign the CR791 Form
Where do I get that form
No idea.
Wait - look - one is attached to the email
Then I guess you should print it.
I print it and sign it.
immediately upon signing it
ok - now you have clearance
So what's the deal with the classes?








No comments: